Do you need to forward your SMS from your smartphone to your email? Here are some scenarios why you might need to forward your SMS to an email account:
• Due to security reasons, you have to deposit your mobile phone at a security counter because camera phones are not allowed in your workplace
• You can bring your laptop to a meeting room to check your email but it's not polite to whip out your phone in a meeting to check your incoming SMS
• You are implementing a reporting or feedback channel where pro-SMS staff sends information to a mobile phone and you want that information to be propagated to respective personnel at different departments
With our SMS2Email Buddy app, now you can! SMS2Email Buddy is simple to use but packs a punch:
Configure up to 10 recipients
Configurable retry intervals and attempts make sure your recipients get it, as long as you connect to the Internet before the attempts max out
Log of all transaction details
Search feature on SMS content
Logs are automatically maintained and exported to SD card every month
You can choose to email monthly log to your default recipient
Reconnect to your preferred Wifi network automatically when in range
Runs reliably as a background service. We left our phone unattended for days and it still worked!
Safe. We do not keep any SMS or password in our server. In fact we won't know your transactions since you are sending email from your Google account. We do like to encourage proper usage to minimise spam though.
MMS is currently not supported. SMS2Email Buddy is now available for free in Google Play with a one-time registration and a monthly limit.
Our paid version, PigeonHole, offers even more!
|Features||SMS2Email Buddy (Free)||PigeonHole (Paid)|
|Forward MMS log (not content)|
|Forward call log|
|Checkbox to enable/disable forwarding|
|Configure 10 recipients|
|Configurable retry intervals and attempts|
|Log of all transaction details|
|Manual reforwarding (long press record detail)|
|Search SMS content (long press menu button)|
|Export records to SD card|
|Export and email monthly records|
|Forwarding rules on SMS||Only First Recipient||All 10 Recipients|
|Customisable subject line (through keywords)||Only First Recipient|
|All 10 Recipients|
|No monthly limit|
**Note that a copy of PigeonHole app can only be installed on a single phone (see FAQ).
See what Hilary Lewis, Producer/Reporter of the New York Post, has to say about PigeonHole app under her Tech Corner updates...
Please read our note about security and usage recommendations before you use these apps.
1. Why do I get a notification "Record not inserted! Please check registration"?
You have to register the app first:
• PigeonHole users, under Options, Key in your Order Number (e.g. Google Checkout, etc.), Username and Email of your choice, Tap Register
• SMS2Email Buddy users, under Options, Key in Username and Email of your choice, Tap Register
2. Why do I need to register to use the app?
We store your username and email address when you register so that we can keep you updated of important announcements (e.g. email forwarding failure due to Google changing SMTP settings, etc.). In addition, for PigeonHole (paid) users, we notify you via this email when your account is ready. SMS and password are only stored locally in your phone and not in our server.
3. I've purchased PigeonHole but why do I get Error <101> Order number not found during registration?
If you just made your purchase, please allow some time for the payment to be processed. We will notify you via the registration email (under options) when your account is activated. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
4. Why can't I install PigeonHole on multiple phones?
PigeonHole app is licensed to run only on a single phone. This is to prevent unauthorised usage and loss of revenue. For business use, please purchase additional licenses. For personal use, let us know if you change your phone so that we can issue a new order number to you.
5. Why do I get a notification "Error sending email:null"?
Most probably there's a problem with your sender email. The email address is correct but the account might be blocked on your phone. See here for details to unlock captcha from your browser in your mobile phone. Follow these procedures if you are using gmail as your sender:
- Launch PigeonHole/SMS2Email Buddy app
- Tap Options, Introduction
- Scroll to item 3 and click the link [Screenshot]
- Scroll to item 4 and click the link [Screenshot]
- Enter your gmail address, password and captcha [Screenshot]
- Once unlocked, send a test email for final verification
If this still does not work, you might need to enable the option "allow less secure apps" to allow the app to access the sender email account.
6. Why do I get a notification "Error sending email:Unknown SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com" ?
Please ensure connectivity to the Internet. The app will continue to try and forward your emails as long as the retry attempts are not maximised. By default the retry interval is 10 mins for a maximum of 50 attempts.
7. Can I use the same email for sender and recipient?
Yes. You will get a duplicate copy in your Inbox and Sent email folders.
8. What does Wifi Reconnect do?
It helps to reconnect to your preferred network when you are in range. We discovered this well known problem when we did our reliability test: We left our phone unattended and it was connected to Wifi with settings "Wifi Never Sleeps". The problem surfaced when we turned off and on our modem. For some reasons, the phone didn't connect to the Wifi automatically so the emails were not forwarded successfully. Hence we added this reconnect feature, which also helps to save costs as compared to using a Mobile connection to Internet.
9. I would like to install the app to forward my spouse's SMS to my email. What's the best way to do it?
Just ask your spouse to install our app on his/her phone.
10. I am using a Xiaomi phone and I encountered missing SMS. What should I do?
Please perform the following steps where applicable and reboot your phone: