- If a recipient email is empty, all settings under it are ignored and email forwarding is disabled.
- Only records that are forwarded via email are shown under SMS details.
- Changing the settings when there are pending emails being forwarded can cause unpredictable behaviors!
- Use the following fields to compose your subject line:
|#datatime#||Date and Time of SMS/Call|
|#mobile#||Mobile number of sender|
|#name#||Name of sender (if applicable)|
|SMS2Email Buddy: SMS from #mobile# [#name#] on #datetime#
||SMS2Email Buddy: SMS from 12345678 [Ken] on Fri 04 Jan 2015, 23:54:23
|Rule 1: SMS from #mobile#
||Rule 1: SMS from 98765432|
- You can choose to forward by keyword(s) or mobile number(s).
- Use commas to separate keywords and mobile numbers. Spaces next to commas are automatically removed.
me,Friend , ha ha, you
- Keywords are not case sensitive (e.g. HeLLo matches hello, promo matches Promo).
- Keywords and mobile numbers can be a partial match (e.g. off matches offer, 7654 matches 98765432). Example:
|SMS:||Happy Lunar New Year my friend! 恭喜发财!|
|Rule:||Forward by Keyword|
|Type:||Contains any one of the keywords|
- Keywords might not work across all Unicode character sets.
- Upgrade to our paid app, PigeonHole, to configure up to 10 recipients with individual rule and more subject template options.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or feedback.